Genre: Pop Punk
Late in 2005, frontman Chris Bauchle instigated what has today become the band, Same As Sunday. With the prompt addition of infamous metal drummer, Andy the Heck, and fellow punk frontman, Kyle Martin, the boys began playing to garage doors and backyards on a regular basis. It was during these humble, high school beginnings that these best friends started combining their influences and began to realize the potential of what they had in the works. Now, with addition of bassist Nick Berry, the band has been breaking boundaries, building a reputation, and gaining fans everyday. The boys take great pride in their ability to unite the pop and hardcore scenes. In a music world full of faked popularity, Same As Sunday brings a refreshing sense of honesty and intensity to the table. It is more than just about the music to these four. Its about creating something pure. Its about having heart and having something to prove. Same As Sunday compliments this desire with talent, a commanding live show, catchy songs, good looks, and charisma. After seeing them for the first time, the following list of accomplishments will not surprise you.
– Alternative Press Magazine’s “Unsigned Band of the Month” (Dec 2008 issue).
– Featured on Warped Tour’s Ernie Ball stage at Verizon Wireless Music Center.
– Winner of Radio Now 100.9’s Band in a Bubble competition.
– Featured artist on 99.5 WZPL’s Homegrown Buzz and currently receiving airplay on 30+ radio stations nation wide.
– Played over 30 states in the US (including Ontario, Canada) on five, full length, independently booked tours.
– 2009 Purevolume Editor’s Pick
– First place in Concerts First’s Next Big Thing battle of the bands.
– Sponsored by Undignified Clothing.
Same As Sunday is fresh off an entire summer and fall of touring in the wake of their new release: The Dollar for Dollar EP (recorded at NADA Studios, NY). After their Dec 1 release of Up On The Housetop and their Jan 1 Itunes release of Lets Play Doctor, Same As Sunday plans to spend the entire Spring touring and writing for their highly anticipated, Fall 2010 sophmore release.